Time have really pass by so quickly for these 6 days. Today is technically the last day of our OELP trip, because we are taking a flight early in the morning tomorrow :( At least, I got back some of my voice and was able to speak (more like squeaking actually hahaha)
The first place we went to was the Confucius temple. I was rather excited to go to the temple because I wanted to see the Confucius statue and HOPEFULLY to be able to get a better grade after praying to him. After an explanation of the building structure given by the tour guide, we were led to a theater to watch a 4D movie. (wow even a temple has such advanced technology) The 4D movie was exciting and interesting as we got to experience the jerking of the chair and the spraying of water and mist throughout the movie. Through the movie, we learnt more about the history of this Confucius temple and also the six arts of confucianism. I thought that it watching the 4D movie was a good idea to let us learn more about Confucius. However due to time constraint, we were unable to see the Confucius statue before we leave. To say I was only disappointed is the understatement of the century!
The second place we went to was the gold museum. At the gold museum, we learnt about the history of Jin Gua Shi. Jin Gua Shi was once a prosperous place with many gold mining activities. However when all the gold were mined out, the place became dead. *insert pic of quotes* The place became a little more lively after the gold museum and the resorts were built as tourists would visit the place more.
The last place we visited was Jiufen Old Street which was near Jin Gua Shi. Jiufen was quite crowded and was bustling with activities as compared to Jin Gua Shi. There were many shops that sell street snacks and also souvenir shop. I managed to spend all my money that was left over there. Some of my classmates even bought prank toys from a shop and tried pranking each other!


No comments:
Post a Comment