Thursday, 7 August 2014

OELP Day 2 reflection- Lim Yan Tong

Its the second day of the OELP trip. Today, I woke up with a sore throat and a little bit of runny nose due to the lack of sleep (5 HOURS OF SLEEP ONLY! :( ) and also because I did not drink enough water on the first day.

After breakfast, we went straight to the National Palace Museum. Although we reached before the museum opened, there was already a long queue outside the museum and we had to wait again. We were not allowed to bring our bags in due to security problems so I only took my phone, iPad and wallet. Inside the museum, I saw one of the most popular pieces of jade carvings in the museum is the "Jadeite Cabbage". It's a piece of jadeite carved into the shape of a cabbage head, and with a large and a small grasshopper camouflaged in the leaves. Much to my dismay, the Cabbage jadeite was not as big I think it would be. It was smaller than my palm size. On top of that, the colour of the cabbage was quite disappointing. At one of the exhibition, my classmate thought that no one was looking went to take photo although it was prohibited. However, he was caught by the guard and was forced to delete the photo. I feel that he should have the integrity to the right thing even when no one is looking.

couple shirt yay -at national palace museum-

After which, we went to the Sung Ye museum of Formosan Aborigine by foot. Following that, we went to Shih Fen Old street. When we get there, it was raining quite heavily and the tour guide told us that this was called the 西北雨 in Taiwan. We were very disappointed because our main purpose of going there was to put sky lantern. We was unable to do so if the rain continues. Fortunately the rain stopped a few minutes later. I saw that some other tourists started letting off their sky lantern. It was an amazing sight to see the different coloured sky lanterns flying up into the sky. 
It was finally our turn to write our wishes on our sky lantern. We chose a sky lantern with a different colour in each side because we thought that it looks nicer- Blue, Pink, White, Red. They signifies 事业运,幸福快乐,前途光明 and 健康平安 respectively. We took turns to write down our wishes on the sky lantern with a brush and ink. We tried to write all our wishes down in Chinese but it did not turn out very successful so we mixed some English in and also wrote in Hangul too. (OOPS 😁). Lastly, we went to the railway track to let off our sky lantern. With a count of 123, we let our sky lantern off. I felt warm-hearted as I watch our sky lantern float off into the endless sky with our hopes and wishes. It was a definitely a fresh experience for me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment