Sunday, 6 April 2014

Presentation reflection - Lim Yan Tong (10)

I felt that our Chingay powerpoint was not that bad overall although there are still room for improvements. I was quite nervous during the presentation because my group presented on the third day and Mr Chua said that he would have greater expectations of those that present on a later date. Also, I think that I had a small stage fright when presenting and I could feel myself shaking. On top of that, I did not memorize my script well enough and I still had to rely on my script while presenting. Also, I have a bad ((weird)) habit which is laughing at my own jokes and start laughing when I look at some of my good friends although it doesn't seem to be anything that is funny. I will try to improve on my "laughing skill" the next time I present.
On the other hand, I have learnt many presentation skills after this presentation. One such example is to ask questions to the audience. I have included this skills during my group presentation. Although the question was planned and I have told and asked my friends to answer it beforehand, it was still quite special to me as it was the first time I included this presentation skills in my presentation even though it seemed a little awkward then. Through this presentation, I gained more experience and I will try to improve on the things that I lack in this presentation and do a better one next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment